CoderDojo Navan is a cool, free environment where kids can learn how to program, build websites, animated characters and games with different software programs and languages.
All the mentors are volunteers who either teach or work in IT, and our aim is to help you develop the skills you want to learn.
We will now be holding our Dojo sessions for 6 consecutive Saturdays for a 2 hour session; 10.30am – 12.30pm each week, instead of once a month. The actual times have been determined by the mentor leading each particular class. Therefore some classes may have different times.
Given the volunteer nature of the Dojo, it is requested that those signing up for a course, do so with the intention of attending all 6 Saturdays in recognition of the time being given by our volunteer mentors. The students that attend all dates will then be awarded a course completion certificate.
For all courses except ‘Scratch’, students should already be familiar with basic computer functions such as downloading, opening files, saving information to different locations and basic keyboard skills.
There will be limited spaces for each course. Our regulars and those on our waiting list shall be contacted by email over the coming days with any available places thereafter announced here.
The CoderDojo Parents’ Handbook is essential reading for any parent or guardian who would like to know more about CoderDojo. The handbook provides an introduction to the CoderDojo movement, an overview of coding and why it is such a useful skill in today’s world, suggestions for getting involved at your local CoderDojo club, advice on how to support your child’s learning journey, and much more. Click here to download a PDF of the Handbook
If you are interested in any taking part or if you are interested in mentoring or offering your skills as a speaker to a class for a one off workshop on specialised software (such as Photoshop, Autocad, etc.) or hardware workshop, please email us on [email protected]
- We meet on each Saturday for six weeks.
- Booking ahead is essential. Check zen.coderdojo.com for availability of tickets.
- The sessions run at various times throughout the day: 10:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Every child must have a parent or adult in charge!
- Parent must stay with child during the session (helping, if possible).
- CoderDojo Navan is supported by The Unity Centre, Navan.
- Check out and Like our Facebook page: CoderDojo Navan on Facebook
What you need to bring
- Please bring a WIFI-enabled laptop, fully charged if possible.
- If you’re attending a Scratch class, please install the latest version of Scratch on your laptop.
- It would be a good idea to bring a USB key to save your work.
- For sprite-drawing we recommend you bring a pair of headphones and a mouse (even an old wired mouse) as the Paint Editor doesn’t suit a laptop mouse pad.
- If you are new to CoderDojo Navan, you can pre-register as a member by downloading our registration form here, fill out and present it to a mentor when you arrive.
The Unity Centre Dunloe Park Windtown Navan Co Meath C15 FHD1
- CoderDojo Foundation
- Parents’ Handbook
- Coolest Projects
- Call to Code
- App Inventor
- Code for this website